Tuesday, June 5, 2012

New Quantic Dream PS3 Game!

Quantic Dream happens to me be one of my absolute favorite digital story tellers so hearing that a new experience is on the horizon is giving me goose bumps.  Unfortunately, their newly announced game, Beyond: Two Souls comes racing out of the Sony E3 press conference with a bit of a limp.

The game itself looks fantastic for this generation of hardware but it also comes across very similar to its predecessor, Heavy Rain.  Drape on a Hollywood name as the main star and I can feel myself starting to cringe. Even though Quantic Dream's portfolio is lean, each iteration of a newly developed experience has come across as a leap in story telling and technology.

Take a look at the first release trailer for Beyond:Two Souls,


 
Here's a quick reminder of what Heavy Rain looked like as well.





No doubt both look fantastic.  Hopefully as the release date gets closer, Q1 2013 which translates to Q2 2013, we can get some idea of what improvements and new ideas are being implemented. 


I think a good first step will be to get their IT team together and fix Beyond's website, ops.




No comments:

Post a Comment